Book Better Health for You – An insider’s big picture guide
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Common Health Issues
Chapter 2: Fact or Fiction?
Chapter 3: How Do You See the World?
Chapter 4: The Media & Advertising
Chapter 5: Risk Factors for Disease
Chapter 6: Germs & Immunity
Chapter 7: Medicines & You
Chapter 8: Health Professionals
Chapter 9: Complementary & Alternative Medicine
Chapter 10: Improved Use of Medicines
Chapter 11: Nutritional Building Blocks
Chapter 12: Food is Your Foundation
Chapter 13: A Healthy Lifestyle
Chapter 14: You and Your Health
Chapter 15: Health Care in the Future
Topics Included :
- Traps to look out for when doing your own research.
- What are the basics of being healthy?
- What do we mean by holistic health?
- Learn how we tend to attract into our lives the things we focus on like wellness and how our interpretation of the world affects our health.
- What are your chances of having a heart attack or stroke?
- There is much evidence to show how specific nutrients can have a positive effect on certain diseases, just as we know about how a lack of Vitamin C caused Scurvy on sailing ships in the past.
- Your diet is an important pathway to health
- The good, the bad and the ugly of our food.
- Why restaurants in New York have banned trans fatty acids and why others are likely to follow.
- What do we mean by ‘empty foods’?
- Past advice to not eat fat doesn’t seem to have worked. Why?
- Ways to protect ourselves from the pollution in our environment.
- Is there a perfect diet?
- Why vitamins and mineral supplements may be cheap insurance for some people.
- Why are we seeing Type 2 diabetes in teenagers when this was unheard of a few years ago.
- How to avoid fluctuating blood sugars that may head us towards diabetes.
- What is Syndrome X and how does it explain some of our major health problems?
- Understanding blood tests.
- How to get the best out of a visit to your health provider(s)
- Why are patient support groups so valuable?
- How taking advice from unqualified people can be dangerous.
- Wise use of medicines.
- Understanding side effects of medicines, herbs and supplements.
- How medicines, herbs, foods and supplements may interact with each other.
- Anthony Robbin’s ideas on how to develop new habits.
- Action Plan.
- And much more